In this podcast, the Seqa-PJ’s break down how to use one of the most overlooked tools for cartoonists. PAPER! “Isn’t paper just paper? What kind should I use? How thick should it be? What does cold press mean?” If this sounds like you go ahead and give this one a listen. Oh yeah and we read some awesome listener emails! Email the show: firstname.lastname@example.org Also here is the list of AWESOME UK creators from our friend Sarah’s answer to the last email:
David O’Connell (his very polished Tozo comics and several funny minis – we did one together called ‘Airship'; I also like his ‘Man & Troll’),
1) Alastair Maceachern (His ‘Bleep & Tweet’ series and ‘Amusing Paper’),
2) Marc Ellerby (lots of things by him are good),
3) Will Kirkby (my fave is his intimate 20 Questions’, although his ‘The Sea’ series is more polished),
4) the Whores of Mensa’s latest zine (with Jeremy Dennis, Ellen Lindner and Mardou),
5) Adam Cadwell’s ‘The Everyday’ series is nice,
6) James Turner’s ‘Beaver & Steve’ book,
7) Cliodhna Lyons’ GOAL anthology brings together lots of talent,
8) Oliver Lambden’s ‘Curtis & Terrorist’ is short, handmade and funny, and
9) Peter Beare’s ‘Dangnabbit’ comics.
10) If you’re based up north, I’m sure Will Kirkby could give you lots of good tips – chamonkee
Check out Sarah’s AMAZING artwork!
Thanks again, Sarah! Seqalab out!